There are five basic TWI programs. Each one enables and empowers your frontline leaders and workers with better skills and better relationships. We can advise you on staging and sequencing our programs depending on the goals you need to accomplish or the problems you need to solve.
TWI Training and Coaching
What is Training Within Industry (TWI)?
Training Within Industry (TWI) is a dynamic and proven method of hands-on training, learning and coaching for supervisors, team leaders, and workers.
TWI was introduced in 1940 by the United States Department of War and operated within the War Manpower Commission until 1945. It was originally developed to meet the high demand for wartime materials from a smaller and less-experienced workforce.
Today, Training Within Industry remains relevant because of its unique methodology that empowers the frontline.
TWI training is practical and fundamental; its benefits transcend time, place and situation.
- Can be learned and applied by itself or in conjunction with other problem solving and improvement programs
- Builds skills, stability, safety and confidence
- Develops frontline people as the engine for sustainable results in the workplace
- Creates an essential foundation for problem solving, standard work, continuous improvement, operational excellence and Lean initiatives
- Encourages positive employee relations, resolves conflicts, increases cooperation and motivation
Why the TWI training method is effective
Learn by Doing
Aligned with Goals
Job Instruction (JI)
Job Relations (JR)
Job Methods (JM)
Job Safety (JS)
TWI Problem Solving (PS)
What Our Clients Say
Become a certified TWI trainer
Remember how much you enjoyed your favorite teacher? Great teachers turn a learning process into an enriching experience. If you love the idea of inspiring people, helping them improve and watching them grow with a sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction, then becoming a TWI trainer is a rewarding adjunct to your career, or the beginning of a new one.