There are three basic Kata training programs. All enable and empower your frontline leaders and workers with the skills to solve more problems and innovate improvements. We can advise you on staging and sequencing our programs depending on what you need to do or which problems you need to solve.
Kata Training and Coaching
What is Kata?
Kata practice routines embed structured thinking into day-by-day work and quickly establishes a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Consists of Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata both of which have PDCA — Plan, Do, Check, Act — foundations.
- The Improvement Kata is a four-step practice routine that leads to “thinking and solving” becoming second nature for people in their day-to-day work.
- The Coaching Kata is a practice routine that coaches can use to help them become better at helping others learn to think scientifically.
- Develops frontline leaders and workers as the engine for sustainable results in the workplace, a proven method for workers to learn by doing and build a culture of determination and action to improve.
- Team members collaborate on target conditions and related metrics and maintain focus on progress towards them.
- Fosters higher levels of employee engagement and collaboration; accelerates adoption of change.
- Because they are meta patterns, both Kata are foundational for continuous improvement, lean, operational excellence and talent programs. They can practiced individually or to strengthen other problem solving and improvement programs.
Why Kata Is Effective
Becomes Second Nature
Develops Scientific Thinking
Aligned with Goals
Foundations and Simulation
Driving and Coaching Improvement
What Our Clients Say
Become a Certified Kata Trainer
Remember how much you enjoyed your favorite teacher? The teacher who turned a learning process into an enriching experience? If you love the idea of inspiring people, helping them improve and watching them grow with a sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction, then consider becoming a Kata Trainer, sanctioned and certified by TWI Institute.