Kata Training and Coaching
What is Kata?
Kata embeds structured thinking into day-by-day work and quickly establishes a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Consists of Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata and is activated through the scientific PDCA — Plan, Do, Check, Act — method
- The Improvement Kata is a four-step thinking and solving pattern that becomes second nature for people in their in day-to-day work.
- The Coaching Kata is a structured and ongoing pattern of questions a trained coach asks of the people involved in the Improvement Kata.
- Develops frontline leaders and workers as the engine for sustainable results in the workplace, a proven method for workers to learn by doing and build a culture of determination and action to improve.
- Team members collaborate on target conditions and related metrics and maintain focus on progress towards them.
- Fosters higher levels of employee engagement and collaboration; accelerates adoption of change.
- Kata is foundational to initiatives for continuous improvement, lean, operational excellence and talent programs, but can be learned and applied by itself or in conjunction with other problem solving and improvement programs.
Why Kata Is Effective
Your people become involved and feel appreciated; their performance and emotional commitment takes problems solving and improvement to new heights.
Becomes Second Nature
Kata establishes a culture of continuous improvement and active employee engagement; it becomes the natural reflex when facing everyday problems. Instills an instinct to seek and pursue process improvements on a daily basis.
Based on Scientific Thinking
PDCA – Plan, Do, Check, Act – is a proven model for improvement. Enables testing solutions on a smaller and more controlled scale.
Aligned with Goals
Before any training begins, we work with you to understand what you need to accomplish and set target metrics accordingly. In itself, target and goal setting are elemental to Kata.
Introduction to Kata Practice
Foundations and Simulation
Driving and Coaching Improvement
What Our Clients Say
Become a certified TWI trainer
Remember how much you enjoyed your favorite teacher? The teacher who turned a learning process into an enriching experience? If you love the idea of inspiring people, helping them improve and watching them grow with a sense of accomplishment and self-satisfaction, then consider becoming a Kata Trainer, sanctioned and certified by TWI Institute.