School Specialty – Converting risk to rewarding employee experience
Every school year brings a new challenge for School Specialty – stay true to its values of People, Passion and Purpose while managing the pressure of serving high demand, without high turnover.
School Specialty, Inc. is the leading distributor of products, materials, and services to educators across North America. School Specialty doesn’t move goods from warehouse to schoolhouse, it creates educational ecosystems and holistic environments, from crayons to curriculum, furniture to technology. School Specialty places great pride and high value on its people. Ultimately, it is they who enable better outcomes for students, teachers, and administrators.
School Specialty chose TWI Institute for its emphasis on people development. Because 75% of School Specialty’s revenues are generated in just over a four-month period, the pressure for accuracy and timeliness is extreme. That challenge is elevated further by the need to bring on hundreds of new, seasonal workers and onboard them with speed, attention to detail, yet care.
- Manage a lopsided demand and delivery curve
- Reimagine and rebuild ineffective training programs
- Integrate and align goals from front line to front office
- Reduce risk of high turnover at a time when stability is paramount
- Meet quality and delivery standards
- Add TWI programming to Customer Care
- To view TWI Senior Master Trainer Pat Graupp’s interview with Tim Dove, Director of Human Resources at School Specialties Inc, click here